We had an art show to showcase the work of our Arts Program Students! There were new planets, aliens, asteroids, spaceships, rockets, and astronauts everywhere - at least all over the walls!
Some mediums/assignments students worked on in Session 1
- Rocket Ship Dioramas: Students used both 3D and 2D elements to create a diorama where they are flying through space. This lesson helps students understand visual arts in different spatial modes while improving their motor skills.
- Drawing: Students drew their own solar systems using pastel
- Painting Landscapes: Landscapes are par for the course, but they get much more interesting when they're set in outer space.
- Little Aliens: Students sculpted their own little aliens from a paste and decorated them.
- Printmaking: Students use new techniques and explore the different ways prints can be made. They carved into Styrofoam and made their own designs.
- Bookmaking: Students are introduced into making their own books, that includes providing the visual and textual content as well.
- Mobile Making: Students made their own mobiles using recycled materials.
It was such a blast in Space but now its time to float back down to Earth for our next session "Castles and Creatures"!